Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Lunar Eclipse Tonight!

Other than the post about myself, this is the first post that I will be talking about something other than Catholic topics, though this phenomenon, like everything else, was created by God, so we should praise Him for it!

For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in the sky, whether it's during the day or at night. I like the deep blue of the clear sky when there is no clouds, and the weather is fair. I love the many colors that can appear during a sunrise or sunset. And I love looking at the glorious night sky, with its stars, planets, nebulae, and other objects.

Tonight, there will be a lunar eclipse. As many people know, this occurs when the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun during a full moon, and the Earth's shadow falls on the Moon. Unlike a solar eclipse, when the sun can be partially or entirely obscured, the Moon changes color, because some of the Sun's light still reaches the Moon through the Earth's atmosphere. I've seen a few lunar eclipses in my lifetime, and they are always neat to observe.

So if the weather cooperates, take some time after the 10 pm EDT hour and marvel at the beauty of God's creation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home