Monday, October 04, 2004

My Entrance Into the Blogdom

Yesterday, at Old St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Washington DC, I met the bloggers at Fiddleback Fever. I had a nice chat with them after the 9 am Missa Cantata there. I think they are a wonderful group of traditional Catholics.


They have inspired me to create my own blog. I want to thank Meredith (of Basia Me), Rob, Sheila, and John for their great work. Since I'm relatively new to this, this site is going to be under construction for a while. Please be patient while I figure this out.


I have called my blog "Dignare Me Laudare Te, Virgo Sacrata," which is Latin for "Vouchsafe that I may praise thee, O Sacred Virgin." This is the first part of an ejaculatory prayer written by Blessed Duns Scotus, the Franciscan theologian who who resolved the theological debate over the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The entire prayer goes, "Dignare me laudare te, Virgo sacrata. Da mihi virtutem contra hostes tuos." The second part translates as, "Give me strength against thine enemies."


I will attempt to post at least once a week. Check back for further updates to this blog! Thanks for visiting!

3 Comments:

Blogger John C. said...

The Cow Pope wanted me to bestow his blessings on this new blog. May your posts never grow stale and may you always have lots of comments! We here at Delhi are rooting for you. Happy posting!

John of Fiddleback Fever

3:27 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Milkingmommy,

Thanks for checking out my blog. I will be discussing Catholic matters from a traditionalist perspective. Check back around 10:30 am EDT today to see my first regular feature.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow Jackie, never thought I'd meet you this way! Your son is bringing the young Trads together, great job!
Julie

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home