Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blessed Pius IX, Pray For Us!



It's been far too long since I posted to my blog. So I thought I would start up again with a brief post on someone who I've been thinking about for the past few days. Blessed Pius IX was the second-longest reigning pope in Church history. I recently read a biography of his papacy, and after finishing most of the book, I have grown to really admire this great and holy leader of the Church. I've been trying to find a holy card with his image on it, and so far, the search hasn't turned up any place on the Internet that has one. Yesterday, I also bought another recent biography of Pius IX. I look forward to reading it.

Blessed Pius IX withstood the many assaults on the Catholic faith during his reign. Catholics who wish that the Church resist the current attacks it is facing, mainly from the secular heirs of Pius IX's enemies, should seek his intercession.
Blessed Pius IX, pray for us!

2 Comments:

Blogger JWY said...

Matthew, where is the prayer? I don't see it.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you find a source for PP IX holy cards please let me know.
In the meantime check out the website for PPIX cologne
www.thepopescologne.com

Thank you,
Fred Hass

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home