Monday, December 06, 2004

Happy St. Nicholas Day... and Rejoicing Over Church Restoration Project

It's been way too long since I last updated my blog. I thought I'd start up again by posting something besides my "Catholic Masterpieces" feature.

First, I'd like to wish the blogosphere a Happy St. Nicholas Day. I hope y'all put out your shoes for St. Nicholas and his sack of goodies, and a carrot for his reindeer! ;-)



Today is also a day for reporting some good news, which I've actually known about for a little bit, but the story has now been reported through the Associated Press. St. Gelasius Church in Chicago is going to be restored by the Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest. The church, which was built in the 1920s in the neo-Renaissance style, will become one of the Institute's parishes where the Traditional Latin Mass will be offered exclusively. The restoration plans will emulate the Church of the Redentore in Venice, which is of the most famous and venerated churches in the island city. The Venetian masterpiece was designed by Andrea Palladio, one of the most famous architects of the Renaissance.


Church of the Santissimo Redentore, Venice


You can read the AP story here.




St. Gelasius, Chicago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home