Sunday, October 30, 2005

Jesu, rex et centrum omnium cordium, per adventum regni tui, dona nobis pacem.

(Jesus, King and center of all hearts, by the coming of Thy kingdom, grant us peace.)



Prayer in Honor of Christ the King


O Christ Jesus, I acknowledge Thee to be the King of the universe; all that hath been made is created for Thee. Exercise over me all Thy sovereign rights. I hereby renew the promise of my Baptism, renouncing Satan and all his works and pomps, and I engage myself to lead henceforth a truly Christian life. And in an especial manner do I undertake to bring about the triumph of the rights of God and Thy Church, so far as in me lies. Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer Thee my poor actions to obtain the acknowledgement by every heart of Thy sacred kingly power. In such wise may the kingdom of Thy peace be firmly established throughout all the earth. Amen.

(Taken from the Raccolta, number 272, 1957 edition, reprinted by Loreto Publications, Fitzwilliam, NH)

Thy Kingdom come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home