Saturday, August 22, 2009

Act of Consecration to Our Lady (150th Post)

How appropriate that the 150th post on Dignare Me Laudare Te, Virgo Sacrata is devoted to Our Lady (on this day which is dedicated to her, as it being a Saturday, the feast of the Queenship of Our Lady on the "new" sanctoral calendar, and the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the traditional one). The following is an act of consecration to Our Lady written by my favorite doctor of the Church, St. Francis de Sales. I found it in a reprint of Father Lasance's "My Prayer Book."


Image of Our Lady of Fatima, taken from The Two Hearts Ablaze blog

Act of Consecration
By St. Francis de Sales

"Most Holy Mary, virgin Mother of God, I (full name), most unworthy though I am to be thy servant, yet touched by thy motherly care for me and longing to serve thee, do, in the presence of my guardian angel and all the court of heaven, choose thee this day to be my queen, my advocate, and my mother, and I firmly purpose to serve thee evermore myself and to do what I can that all may render faithful service to thee."

"Therefore, most devoted Mother, through the precious blood thy Son poured out for me, I beg thee, deign to take me among thy clients and receive me as thy servant forever."

"Aid me in my every action, and beg for me the grace never, by word or deed or thought, to be displeasing in thy sight and that of thy most holy Son."

"Think of me, my dearest Mother, and desert me not at the hour of my death. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home