Sunday, June 21, 2009

Italian Festival's Procession of the Saints

I attended the Procession of the Saints which caps St. Anthony of Padua parish's annual Italian Festival in Wilmington, Delaware, USA on 14 June 2009. The festival always coincides with the week on which the feast of St. Anthony falls. The annual Procession was something that I always enjoyed watching when I was a child, and I got to attend for the first time in a very long time. It's a very Catholic event.


The St. Anthony fountain and the front of the church.


The statue of St. Francis de Paola. If you have a dollar, people like the gentleman in red will give you a holy card of the saint they're accompanying.



I think that kid was having the best day of his life.


Statue of St. Francis de Sales, my favorite Doctor of the Church.


The statue of Pope Saint Pius X appears to blessing the crowds.




Three great bishop saints of the Church.


The St. Anthony float signals the end of the procession.


Close-up of the statue of St. Anthony on his float.


The gorgeous baptistry of St. Anthony's, with statues of St. John the Baptist, the Child Jesus, and St. Ann.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home