Saturday, January 28, 2006

Love Fulfills, Lust Kills

I took part in my eighth March for Life this past Monday. It is always an amazing experience. There was definitely over 100,000 people taking part in this pro-life witness this year. I stood in a fixed location at the base of Capitol Hill, after walking from the rally location on Seventh Street, NW, and it took over an hour for the March to go by. It was awe-inspiring.



I got back in the March when the end of the crowd reached my location, and I creeped up the hill with the end of the line. I stopped briefly higher up the hill and talked to some people from Human Life International. I ran into my pastor there as well. After I finished talkin to the HLI people, I ran to catch up to end of the line. In front of the Supreme Court, I saw a large banner with the slogan "Love Fulfills, Lust Kills." I thought it was a really good slogan. I found out later that the group that made the banner is the new Catholic organization, Missionaries of the Eucharist. An acquaintance of mine is a leader in the organization. I ran into him later in front of the Supreme Court as the Silent No More women gave witness to how abortion damaged their lives. He gave me a flier that explains their slogan really well. The flier said:

Love fulfills.

If you want to know if it is true love, ask yourself - are you fulfilled?

The more you love someone, the more you want to give yourself to them.

The more fully they give themselves to you, the more you know they love you. It is only in mutual self-giving that love can be fostered.

Quote

"[My husband's] sexual addiction ruined the little bit of self-esteem I had back then and there wasn't much of it to begin with. It put me on guard for everything - I was afraid that if I wasn't perfect he would leave or stray." - Marsha Means, Living with Your Husbands Secret Wars, as quoted from www.blazinggrace.org

Lust Kills.

Lust is a desire to conquer something for the sake of personal pleasure.

Just as love gives and conversely receives, lust grabs and takes from the other.

Because a person is so concerned with getting pleasure, they will use things like condoms, birth control pills, and get abortions.

Analogy

Lustful sex is like trying to cuddle with a lion. No matter how one person wants intimacy, the lion has another thing in mind.

Fact

92% of women having abortions have used birth control. (cited from Allen Guttmacher Institute, Induced Abortion in the United States, May 2005, www.agi-usa.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

You owe it to yourself

Do you ever think that you have to give up part of who you are in order to get affection? Do you ever look at a person's body as an objct for pleasure? Challenge yourself to think against the norm. Discover how liberating it is to love fully, free from lust and contraception.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for giving us a shout out on your blog. Hope you enjoyed our fliers. Also, we're currently fundraising for this summer's walks ... if you might know someone who would be interested in supporting us (in prayer or monetary donations) would you apss along this message to them. We are in desperate need of help. God bless you.

Jessica
SevenSorrows@gmail.com

11:54 PM  
Blogger coiledrose said...

Great photo! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger JWY said...

That's very interesting about that 92% figure

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home